Harry King and Sons Ltd
Harry King & Sons have a long and rich history of craftsmanship and excellent customer service.
George Garrard established the boatyard around 1850. His apprentice Harry King took over running the business in 1898. The business was passed down the King family until Geoff, grandson of Harry, retired in 2005. The boatyard is now run by Gus Curtis who started working for Geoff in 1989 and, along with his wife, Sarah, now runs both the boatyard and the majority of the swinging moorings at Pin Mill.
Gus has both a farming and sailing background, and had restored his 60' MFV 'Adax' and now proudly sails his Thames Bawley 'Gladys', which he re-built with Sarah's stepfather shipwright Joe Dunnett.
We offer a complete package at Kingsboatyard.
- laying up and winter storage for a wide range of boats up to 38'.
- mast storage.
- dinghy racks and storage area all year round.
- car parking all year round.
- general fitting out and painting service.
- all repair and maintanance work undertaken.
- re-sprays, gel coat repairs and polishing.
- sandblasting antifouling coatings.
- full rigging service.
- outboard servicing.
- all engine work undertaken.
- stainless steel and metal fabrication.
- restoration work to both wooden and fibreglass boats.
- handbuilt clinker dinghies from the same design started by Sam King.